Ingredients:
Serves 4
400 g (or 1 package) thick rice noodles (think fettuccine, not spaghetti)
2 tbsp. oil (sesame or olive)
2 chicken breasts, cubed into bite sized pieces
1 cup peas
1 cup grated or sliced carrots
1 cup peanut sauce
2 tbsp. peanut butter
1 cup water (reserved from noodle cooking water)
S & P to taste
crushed peanuts for serving (optional)
Directions:
1- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Prepare the rest of the stir fry in the meantime.
2- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium heat, and add chicken. When cooked through, add peanut sauce, peas & carrots. Reduce heat to min. to simmer.
3- When noodles are finished cooking, reserve a cup of liquid before draining. Drain but don't rinse noodles. Add noodles directly to pan with stir fry ingredients and stir to incorporate.
4- Add peanut butter and starchy water and stir. Let sauce thicken, approx. 5 minutes. Taste, and add any seasonings (salt and pepper). Serve immediately.
For garnish, top with ground peanuts or freshly picked parsley or Thai basil leaves.
| A quick dinner that is perfect for nights when you don't feel like cooking |
I've had peanut sauce a few times but I've not had it with pasta. This dish looks great and who doesn't need a quick dinner recipe! Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteGood looking dish! I love how you combined my favorite peanut to pasta. I will definitely try dish next week. Anyway, do you still want more stir fry recipe sauce? Check it Here!
ReplyDelete